How to Find the Best Cleaning Brands for the Best Price
Brands You Can Rely On
If you've ever spent any time in the cleaning products section of your local store, you know that there are umpteen choices of cleaning brands on the market. All of them make ambitious claims about the effectiveness of their products as the cleaning companies jockey for position in a highly competitive marketplace, but as a consumer, you're most concerned about finding the best cleaning brands for the best possible price. Knowing how to read labels is essential to finding the most affordable and best cleaning products for your home.
Cleaning Brands: How to Read Labels
When reading cleaning product labels, there are five major things you should look for:
- Ingredients. While the terms on cleaning product ingredient labels may seem like chemistry jargon, you can always learn more by contacting the manufacturer. If you're purchasing eco-friendly cleaning products, you'll find more ingredients you're familiar with, and you can do your background research on these cleaning compounds to learn how effective they really are.
- Usage guidelines. If time is an issue when you're cleaning, you'll want to pay extra attention to the usage guidelines. Does the product need to be left on the surface for a period of time, or does it work instantly?
- Hazards and warnings. This part of the label should tell you not only how to safely use the cleaning product, but it should also provide information on other chemicals and cleaners it should not be combined with for safety reasons.
- Safe storage. Properly storing a cleaning product maintains its efficacy while keeping your home safer. You should always keep cleaning products out of the reach of children and store them in a place that is inaccessible to any pets you have in your household.
- Safe disposal. Some cleaning products are considered "hazardous waste," and must be disposed of safely. Instructions as to whether or not the empty bottle is safe to go to your local landfill should be given on the label.
Reading cleaning product reviews can also help you narrow down your many options. Brand comparisons which make head-to-head examinations of household products made by major cleaning manufacturers can also help you identify quality brands quickly and easily.