What Cleaning Products Should You Use in Your Kitchen?
Cleanliness Is Especially Important in the Kitchen
It’s important to keep your kitchen clean and sterile, since letting germs linger opens the door to food poisoning and contamination. Your kitchen surfaces need to be disinfected every time you finish cooking, and you should also sterilize your kitchen sink’s bowl regularly. If you thaw out raw meat in your kitchen sink, be sure to clean the sink thoroughly afterwards to get rid of any bacteria which may not have washed down the drain.
With this in mind, take a closer look at the various kitchen cleaner brands on the market to identify which products offer the most effective cleaning power.
A Comparison of Major Kitchen Cleaner Brands
Lysol, Cascade and Clorox are among the leading brand names in the world of kitchen cleaning products. Here’s a closer look at their product offerings and features:
- Lysol kitchen cleaners. Lysol’s Antibacterial Kitchen Cleanser offers the germ-busting power that the company is famous for. This all-purpose spray is ideal for kitchen sinks, counters and cutting boards, offering grease-cutting power with gentle deodorants. The company is also well-known for manufacturing effective and affordable household deodorant sprays, which are ideal for eliminating cooking odors.
- Cascade cleaning products. Cascade is best-known for its line of dishwashing detergents. For money-conscious consumers, Cascade offers affordable powder dishwashing detergents, and if you want to splurge a little for specialized cleaners, you can also get “Action Pacs,” which are highly concentrated cleaners that come in small plastic packages for easy use. The Action Pacs let you skip pre-wash phases, saving money on electricity, while rinsing away residues for a streak-free shine.
- Clorox cleaning products. Like Lysol, Clorox offers a general-purpose kitchen cleaner branded as Clorox Disinfecting Kitchen Cleaner. It eliminates up to 99.9 percent of bacteria and is safe for use on counters, appliance surfaces, sinks, oven hoods, faucets and tabletops. However, like Lysol’s cleaning products, do not use this spray on surfaces that come into contact with food, as ingesting even trace amounts of it can lead to poisoning or illness.
Recommended Kitchen Cleaning Products
Overall, the best kitchen cleaners for specific tasks are:
- General-purpose kitchen cleaners: Lysol Antibacterial Kitchen Cleanser and Clorox Disinfecting Kitchen Cleaner (tie)
- Dishwashing detergents: Cascade