Find the Right Balance of Features, Practicality and Affordability with These Dryer Brands
A Dryer That Suits Your Needs
There’s a lot to take into consideration when you’re buying a clothes dryer. Not only should you choose a product made by a company with a proven track record for customer satisfaction and reliability, you also need to find the right balance of useful features, practicality and affordability, just like you would with a washing machine. Energy efficiency is another important factor, as choosing a dryer that uses less electricity can save you a lot of money over the course of its lifespan. Taking a close look at how the major dryer brands stack up with these considerations in mind is a good place to begin your research.
A Comparison of the Major Dryer Brands
In terms of sales volume, some of the best dryer brands include:
- GE dryers. With a long history that spans all the way back to the late 19th century, General Electric has an impressive track record of innovation and dependability. One of the things that sets them apart from some of the other major dryer brands is the sheer range of available options. With everything from portable dryers to extra-large models, you can enjoy GE’s reliability no matter what your living situation. GE dryers earn rave reviews for their advanced features and controls, though the company’s elaborate models are not noted for affordability.
- Kenmore dryers. Sears’ Kenmore dryers enjoy a reputation for affordability, though their products tend to come with fewer frills than competitors. However, consumers still have a wide range of options and features to choose from, and Kenmore dryers get strong reviews for their ease of use and durability.
- Whirlpool dryers. If you want a clothes dryer brand that saves energy while extending the life of your clothing, Whirlpool is an excellent option. Many consumer reviews contend that Whirlpool dryers offer the best combination of features and price, with extensive drying cycle options that help you protect your clothing from undue wear and tear.
- Maytag dryers. Reliability is the hallmark of Maytag — many consumer surveys have found that Maytag dryers have the longest average lifespan of any major brand. Features and options are comparable to those offered by competitors, and with a reputation for strong performance and a diminished need for repairs, Maytag dryers offer excellent value and savings.
Recommended Dryer Brands
- Best economy dryer brand: Maytag
- Best large-capacity dryer brand: General Electric